Your Daily Dose


Welcome to my journal! This is the place where you'll get your Daily Doses of Dylin (8), A New Language called Jordyn (11) and the Mind Blowing Conversations with Tyler (12)!


Disclosure: YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO READ!! Oh and my grammar stinks, but I don't really care. :)


Friday, April 20, 2012

How to get your kids to NEVER leave clothes & towels on the floor

Tyler yelled there was a scorpion on the floor.
It was late at night.
I went up to his room, he has terrible lighting, but I saw it.
I quickly put a cup over it.
Tell the kids, there may be more, we have to shake out the clothes you all left on the floor,
and hurry and hang them all up. I did the shaking, they did the clean up.
OH MY GOSH, their rooms looked fantastic!
I think I like this scorpion!
Then what?
Lets all freak out, and sleep with Mom!
The next morning, Jordyn says, "Mom, the scorpion looks purple, it's like glowing."
We didn't have time to look.
Off to school, we'll find a guy to take care of it later.
I come home at 2pm.
Go upstairs and as I turn the corner and I too indeed see this guy is purple.
Then I look through the cup closer and realize, IT'S FAKE!
I think I'm letting my kids believe it's real....
There hasn't been one discipline in years that has worked to get these kids to clean up, I think I found the trick. So, we're sticking to... "We found a scorpion in the house!"