Your Daily Dose


Welcome to my journal! This is the place where you'll get your Daily Doses of Dylin (8), A New Language called Jordyn (11) and the Mind Blowing Conversations with Tyler (12)!


Disclosure: YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO READ!! Oh and my grammar stinks, but I don't really care. :)


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mind Blowing Tyler

Ty with his newest niece, Brielle

If you don't know much about our family, go read Dylin's website.
My kids and I don't suffer from colds, flus, etc. We get diseases.
No joke. Go ahead... giggle. We do!
Strangely, Dylin and I have a genetic disease called Polycystic Kidney Disease and yet no one in our family/relatives has this. AND NOW... Tyler has it too.
Long story, but the quick version...
He and Jordyn get checked by ultrasound yearly to make sure their kidneys are good.
11 months after Tyler's last check, he is on the floor screaming in pain.
A night in the ER discovers his left kidney has cysts, is inflamed and hemorrhaging.
He's doing a lot better on top of his already horrendous asthma and thyroid that never wanted to function, but hey he's still playing club baseball, we are award winning toilet paperers, and have so much fun over here... I truly think I need to start having parents sign consent forms before their child enters my home!

Tyler is known for his wise mind, WAY beyond his years. To the point, I have to give him the cut throat sign on multiple occasions because he doesn't exactly remember that not every parent wants their children to know how to illegally "jailbreak" your cell phones. 
I swear this kid will either work for the Government cracking codes or be in jail by the time he is 18.
Chill Tyler!

He has definitely maintained his wittiness and sense of humor through this tough health battle.

The other morning I was trying to get the kids ready for school and bake these delicious Granola Protein Balls aka Energy Balls, and so I asked Tyler to help bake.
Without a hesitation... he said, "Mom, boys are not meant to bake, girls are.... your bodies are even made with milk and eggs!!!"

Say what? 
Although, I will say he does have a good point there!