Your Daily Dose


Welcome to my journal! This is the place where you'll get your Daily Doses of Dylin (8), A New Language called Jordyn (11) and the Mind Blowing Conversations with Tyler (12)!


Disclosure: YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO READ!! Oh and my grammar stinks, but I don't really care. :)


Friday, July 13, 2012

B Day!

It's Be Kind Day! We went Bowling, ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and got Brain freezes from the free
7-11 Slurpee's! And thank you to the Josh Steven's Foundation, we were given Be Kind Bracelets!









Lesson for the day - Be Kind & Bully Free - share these quotes with your children....
 I'm not sure if I'm the best example to talk to our kids about bullying. ha.
Although I did tell them a great story about how in Jr. High, I stuck up for a boy that was picked on, spit on and had his hair pulled. I remember sitting in the stands during an assembly watching this poor kid tortured and none of the kids around would do anything.  I was in 7th grade. I turned around to a hand full of 8th grade boys (I'll never forget my words) and said,  "Only losers pick on other kids to make themselves feel cool." I thought for sure I was next! But instead, they all stopped. They really did. I'm sure because I was a girl and they felt stupid. I've told that story to my kids a few times. We have to teach our kids to not be the kid that turns their back and walks away.
It's hard for me not to tell my kids to say the really great (non appropriate) come backs that I have in my warped head, but I do give them scenarios.  I want them prepared for all types of situations.
Try it. It helps.